Barry Crux & Company Limited is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Barry Crux & Company Limited may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 17/05/2018.
What we collect
We may collect personal data about you in the course of our work. That may include the following:
- Contact information including email address, postal address and telephone numbers
- Where you work
- Your wishes and criteria in any transaction you are considering
- Financial information, for example about your income and capital resources
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Usually we will have received this directly from you. However, we may also receive personal data about you from others, such as from the other party to a transaction you are engaged in or from joint agents. Family members also sometimes provide information about each other.
What we do with the information we gather
Our use of such personal data is subject to data protection law.
We mainly use your personal data to provide you with information or services you have requested. We may also use it for other purposes for which you give your consent. For example, we may send you additional information about the firm or its services, if you have consented to us doing so.
We may also use it for other normal purposes connected with our work. For example, we will use your information to update our own business records, complete statutory returns and otherwise comply with our regulatory obligations.
Will we share information about you with anyone?
We take your privacy seriously. We will never sell your personal data to anyone and we take precautions to keep it secure.
It will sometimes be a normal and necessary part of our work to pass on information to third parties. For example:
- We may pass on information about you to solicitors to help them proceed with a transaction in which you are involved.
- If you are a prospective tenant, we may pass on references about you to the landlord.
- We may inform utility companies of changes in the occupiers of property
- We may pass on information to maintenance and repair contractors, in respect of property where we have responsibilities.
- We may need to pass on information to those who help collect outstanding account.
In addition, our practice may be audited or checked by third parties such as our accountants, which may enable them to see some information about you. Such third parties are required to maintain confidentiality in relation to your information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
You have a right of access under data protection law to the personal data that we hold about you. We seek to keep that personal data correct and up to date. You should let us know if you believe the information we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
A cookie is a small file which is sent to your browser to be placed on your computer's hard drive. If your browser accepts it, the file is added and the cookie is sent with all future requests to the website. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. Our website can tailor its operations to your preferences by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use the following cookies on this website:
- Session cookie ('PHPSESSID') : this allows us to store your property search parameters whilst you are on the site.
- Login cookie ('BCsession') : this will allow you to view property particulars once you have signed in with your email address.
None of these cookies are shared with other sites, nor do they contain personal information. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. All analytics data is anonymous and only collected for statistical analysis purposes. No personal data
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer, by following these instructions. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of many websites.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.